Arm and Shoulder Pain Treatment
Arm and shoulder pain can be caused by many common issues such as arthritis, damaged cartilage, torn tendons or muscle, and bursa irritation. This results in joint pain and inflammation, which will commonly start in the shoulder and radiate down into the arm. Chiropractic manipulation has been proven to be extremely effective in alleviating people who suffer from these symptoms.
Chiropractic Arm and Shoulder Pain Treatment
According to a study on the National Center of Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
database, chiropractic treatment should be considered for chronic shoulder and arm pain prior to arthroscopic surgery. The study showed that with conservative chiropractic treatment and physical therapy that a patient could see a 75% improvement after only 4 chiropractic sessions.
Here at Cocke Chiropractic, we have seen very similar results when it comes to alleviating shoulder and arm pain. We have also found that many of our patients were very happy they came to see us first because we ended up saving them from having to go through a costly surgery.
When Should You See a Chiropractor For Your Arm And Shoulder?
- Muscle-related or unexplained arm and shoulder pain
- Injuries that have given you shoulder or arm pain
- If you have chronic pain and it has not gone away
Common Causes of Arm and Shoulder Pain
- Tendon Tear – A tendon tear usually due from injury or degeneration
- Bursitis – Inflammation of the bursa of the shoulder usually caused by overuse of the shoulder
- Tendinitis – Inflammation of the tendons in the shoulder or arm caused many times by overuse of shoulder
- Impingement – This occurs when the rotator cuff tendon and bursa are pinched or impinged leading to inflammation, pain, and sometimes even tearing
- Instability – This occurs when the tendons, muscles, and ligaments around the shoulder are loose or torn causing the shoulder to dislocate.
Cocke Chiropractic Clinic specializes in minimally invasive treatment for arm and shoulder injuries. For more information about the benefits of chiropractic manipulation treatment, contact us
by calling (205) 870-8787 to schedule an appointment with Dr. John Cocke today.